Join my Zoom webinar to learn how to use the OS Maps online mapping tool.
In this 2-hour webinar course I will walk you through how to use the powerful OS Maps online mapping tool created by the Ordnance Survey to create your own walking routes in the UK.
Using a laptop, tablet or smartphone, you will learn how to create your own walking route in the hills, download and print maps, or export routes to your GPS device. You will also learn how to find routes that other walkers have shared for the area you are visiting.
The OS Maps online tools is also packed with lots of other features such as locating bus stops and car parks, mapping Wainwrights and Munros or even taking you on a 3D aerial flyover of your walking route.
All registered participants will be eligible for a 20% discount on a full day bespoke navigation course with EHMT (does not apply to NNAS official certification courses).
Who is this webinar for?
Suitable for first time users who want an introduction to OS Maps online to learn how to plan, save and share walking routes in England, Scotland or Wales.
All webinars are from 7-9 p.m. on the last Monday of each month and are limited to 6 participants. A link to the webinar will be emailed the day before the course.
- Overview of the OS Maps online tool
- How to register and create an account
- Costs and free trial options for OS Maps
- Preferences and settings
- Creating a route
- Finding a route
- Importing / exporting GPX files
- Downloading maps for offline use
- Printing route maps
- Scales and map options
- Transferring and syncing routes between devices
- Following a route on your phone
- Pros and cons of online mapping
- Other OS Map online features
What do I need?
- A computer, laptop or tablet with video and sound enabled
- A free account with Zoom
- Familiarity with using OS paper maps.
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with OS Maps online in any way other than having my own Premium Subscription. I do not receive any fees or financial renumeration from Ordnance Survey for these webinars.